April 18, 2013
George County, MS – Sheriff Dean Howell says a Thursday, pre-dawn suspect roundup in George County resulted in the arrest numerous people in a multi-agency operation that took more than a year and a half to plan. Operation Meltdown as it was named, commenced as pre-dawn raids in multiple locations hit simultaneously. Several groups converged on known locations of suspects wanted for numerous drug charges and hauling in some of the worst offenders in the drug trade living George County. Most of them received rude awakenings as they were literally taken from their homes as officers swept through their known hideouts before the sun rose this morning taking them away in handcuffs and straight to the George County Regional jail for booking.
Sheriff Howell says the George County Sheriff’s Office, Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics, Lucedale police Department, Mississippi Highway Patrol, and the FBI Safe Streets Task Force participated in this raid in order to catch as many of these wanted suspects as possible in one large roundup. By 8:00 this morning, every person who had been targeted in this roundup was in custody.
The suspects were arrested on a variety of drug related charges and booked into the George County Regional Jail. The suspects are expected to be in front of a judge today for initial appearance. Several of them were already incarcerated and now face additional charges.
The suspects are identified as:
1) Jimmy Ray Bond, 41, of Honesuckle Road, Lucedale, 3 counts of sale of prescription drugs.
2) Michael D. Fairley, 32, of William State Street, Lucedale, possession of a controlled substance, two counts of spice.
3) Jerry Pruitt, 60, of Wood Street, Lucedale, two counts of sale of crack cocaine.
4) Walter Latroy Dortch, 32, of Robin Street, Lucedale, 3 counts of sale of crack cocaine.
5) James Kendale Reeves, 19, of Estes Street, Lucedale, sale of crack cocaine.
6) Shannon Marie Allgood Dubose, 38, of Ollie Pope Road, Lucedale, manufacture of methamphetamine.
7) Bobby Derail Dennis, 30, of Dortch Drive, Lucedale, generating hazardous waste in association with methamphetamine lab.
8) Chris J. West, 34, of Cussford Road, Lucedale, possession of controlled substance, paraphernalia.
9) Jake E. Gibson, 27, of Beaver Dam Road, Lucedale, obtaining prescription drug by fraud.
10) Roosevelt Love, Jr., 46, of Love Street, Lucedale, sale of counterfeit controlled substance.
11) Brian Lydell Steen, 36, of Inland Beach Trailer Park, Lucedale, two counts of sale of crack cocaine.
12) Tiffany Leann Gibson-Johnson, 26, of Pecan Circle, Lucedale, obtaining a prescription drug by fraud.
13) David Anthony Holloway, 24, of E. Main Street, Lucedale, possession of a controlled substance – marijuana.
14) Mesean Blackston, 35, Mt. Pleasant Road, Lucedale, manufacture of methamphetamine.
Already incarcerated, now facing additional charges.
15) Terry N. Ross, 32, Mobile, Alabama, 3 counts of the sale of crack cocaine.
16) Kendrick Clayton, aka Lil 5, Central Mississippi Correction Facility, sale of prescription drugs.
17) Ron Miller, Stone County Community Work Center, 4 counts of sale of crack cocaine.
18) Kelley Parnell, aka Star, George County Regional Jail, 3 counts of the sale of prescription drugs and ecstacy.